Mr. Tawhid Mohammad Taher Abdullah Al Mohtadi , an Emirati and one of the most well-known personalities in the gold and jewellery fraternity in Dubai. Mr. Tawhid’s family has been in the jewellery business since 1907; he is the ex-co founder of Damas Jewellery and is the Chief Executive Officer of Jawhara Jewellery, Jawhara Fashion, Damas Real Estate and Damas Investments.
Mr. Tawhid along with his two other brothers, Mr. Tawfique Abdullah and Mr. Mohammed Tamjid Abdullah founded Jawhara Jewellery® in 2013, a registered brand. Jawhara is the fastest growing Emirati Jewellery stores in the region with more than 240 outlets all over the world, and now one of the largest retail chains in the UAE. Mr. Tawhid Abdullah’s responsibilities include steering Jawhara Jewellery into the forefront of international industry. He sets the vision, mission, and standards for Jawhara Jewellery. With over 45 years’ experience, Tawhid’s renowned forward thinking nature and vision has set standards that have been adopted by the industry in UAE. Jawhara jewellery is leading wholesalers in 18, 21 and 22 kt gold and diamond jewellery. Today Jawhara is vertically integrated as a wholesaler, retailer,importer, and manufacturer.
Mr. Tawhid has led the industry with his outstanding leadership and vision over the past several decades. Mr. Tawhid considers the local and international compliance and best practices as supreme priority and takes a lead in adopting them to his business. Therefore, his business is often considered as the ‘model’ brand as far as Quality, compliance and Standards are concerned. His professional approach has earned him accolades from all quarters ranging from suppliers, customers, media,banks, and government bodies. Jawhara under the leadership of Mr. Tawhid aims to become a premium retailer of gold, diamond, pearl jewellery and watch brands.
Awards & Achievements
* In 2004, he received Italy’s highest civilian Commendatore award for promoting Italian jewellery trade.
* The Arabian Business Awards named him Businessman of the Year in 2006.
* In April 2007, His Highness Shaikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, awarded Mr
Abdullah ‘the Best Entrepreneurial Mentor’ special award for his support for the young UAE businessmen.
* In 2007, Mr. Tawhid was also awarded for his ‘Life Time Achievements’ in the gold and jewellery sector by DMCC.
* Mr. Tawhid was named one of the top 100 CEOs in the region by several trade magazines and publications.
* Mr. Tawhid represents the gold and jewellery sector of Dubai in several local and federal government committees and forums. He is also the longstanding
chairman of Dubai Gold & Jewellery Group, which is largest trade body for the gold and jewellery industry of Dubai.
* He has won prestigious Retail Middle east ICON Award for 2020 and hundreds of other Awards and Accolades for his philanthropic contribution to the various community services in the region.
As a strong believer in serving and giving back to the community, Mr. Tawhid Abdulla supports several notable charities and has been the major sponsor for
many prestigious events. He actively mentors several young Emirati designers and entrepreneurs to enable them to thrive in the gold and jewellery industry in Dubai. Mr. Tawhid is a proficient speaker, he is constantly invited to share his knowledge and vision at several prestigious local and international events and forums.